Subject: Re: bug#25563: 11.90; Many predicates in TeX-view-predicate-list-builtin don't work.

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:27:02 +0100

Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Ikumi,

>> For paper-a4 and paper-a5 I wasn't quite sure if at least some of the
>> regexes there could also be styles/packages so there I check both
>> styles and documentclass options.  If you know better than me, feel
>> free to make that more specific.
>
> Sorry, I am not familiar about that issue either.

Ok, no problem to keep checking for both.

> And just some minor comments about the code related to the problem.
>
> 1. Isn't the the regexp \`a5paper\|a5comb\' for paper-a5 really intended
>    as \`\(?:a5paper\|a5comb\)\' ?  Similar question goes to the regexp
>    for paper-a4, too.

Oh, I didn't think about it.  But after a short test it seems that
foo\|bar is equivalent to \(foo\|bar\) and not to fo\(o\|b\)ar which you
seem to expect (and which sounded more plausible to me, too).

Anyway, IMO the shy group with its parens makes it more understandable
to me, so please go ahead.

> 2. `LaTeX-auto-cleanup' treats "package" and "Package" equally at the
>    part
>         (if (or (string-equal "package" class)
>                 (string-equal "Package" class))
>    .  Thus the later part
> 	(cond (equal class "class")
> 	      (add-to-list 'TeX-auto-file "latex2e"))
>    shuold also treat "class" and "Class" equally, shouldn't it?

Yes, makes sense.

Could you do me a favor and submit a one-in-all patch which also
contains your changes from your later 2 changes with a ChangeLog-like
commit message?

Bye,
Tassilo

BTW: You are a contributor since a very long time (12 years!) and I
completely trust your ability to not mess up things beyond repair.  So
I'd happily give you push access to our repository if you want to.
Interested?