Subject: bug#25552: 26.0.50; load cl unintendedly

From: Bill Wohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:17:39 -0700

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mike Kupfer wrote:
> 
> >> I thought we had switched to just supporting the current Emacs
> >> version, rather than doing a separate MH-E release that supports
> >> multiple Emacs versions.
> >
> > Yes, I've confirmed with Bill Wohler that that's what we're doing.
> 
> So just to give you another thing to think about... :)

Any time!

> Is it then worth it to retain a separate mh-e repository, or does it
> just make more work? Eg Gnus abandoned its standalone repo in favour of
> the Emacs one.

There's a couple of scripts that can probably be moved to a new
admin/mh-e directory.

There are files for XEmacs and Debian. Those could probably be retired.

However, we also maintain the files for http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/. I
don't see the files for http://www.gnus.org in the Emacs repository.

> PS Regardless of the above it would also be nice to get the tests you
> referred to into the test/ directory in the Emacs repo.

No objection.

-- 
Bill Wohler <[email-masked]> aka <[email-masked]>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/
GnuPG ID:610BD9AD