Subject: Re: bug#25552: 26.0.50; load cl unintendedly

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 18:30:13 -0700

Mike Kupfer wrote:

> MH-E has an internal test suite that I've been meaning to try with the 2
> patches, but I've been distracted with other things like getting the
> family taxes done.  I'll try to get that done before the end of the
> week.

Done.  The 2 patches do not introduce any problems with the internal
tests.

> I thought we had switched to just supporting the current Emacs
> version, rather than doing a separate MH-E release that supports
> multiple Emacs versions.

Yes, I've confirmed with Bill Wohler that that's what we're doing.

I'm happy for either you or Glenn to push those patches, but I can do it
if you prefer (probably next week sometime).

Oh, and to close the loop with some suggestions that Glenn made back in
February (e.g., use cl-lib instead of cl)...  I do plan to look into
those suggestions, but I don't know how long it will take me.  So fixing
the immediate cl problem now seems to me like a good thing.

cheers,
mike