Subject: Re: bug#25542: 25.1; Restoring the frame from fullscreen to maximized

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 11:01:13 +0100

>> In both cases (before step 2 and after step 3), (frame-geometry) outputs
>> this:
>>
>>    ((outer-position 192 . 130)

I'm afraid I've been imprecise here.  I was comparing the initial and
final scenarios (i.e. before step 1 and after step 3).

So, I'll now post the values you wanted:

** Before step 2 (i.e. just after maximizing the frame with the mouse):

((outer-position 54 . -8) (outer-size 1554 . 916)
(external-border-size 8 . 8) (title-bar-size 1516 . 23)
(menu-bar-external . t) (menu-bar-size 1538 . 20) (tool-bar-external)
(tool-bar-position . top) (tool-bar-size 1554 . 36)
(internal-border-width . 0))

** After step 3 (i.e. just after pressing F11 a second time)

((outer-position 192 . 130) (outer-size 689 . 671)
(external-border-size 8 . 8) (title-bar-size 651 . 23)
(menu-bar-external . t) (menu-bar-size 673 . 20) (tool-bar-external)
(tool-bar-position . top) (tool-bar-size 689 . 36)
(internal-border-width . 0))

These values (after final step) are the same I get at the very
beginning (just after "emacs -Q").

Sorry for the confusion.

>> (outer-size 689 . 671)
>
> Is it true that your screen is almost square and has so few pixels?

No, my screen resolution is 1600 x 900 pixels.

-- 
Dani Moncayo