Subject: bug#25542: closed (Re: bug#25542: 25.1; Restoring the frame from fullscreen to maximized)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 11:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25542: 25.1; Restoring the frame from fullscreen to maximized

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25542: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25542
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25542: 25.1; Restoring the frame from fullscreen to maximized
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>, Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 07:37:24 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 9/12/2020 2:54 AM, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > Thanks, I didn't know about that.  Martin, is that what you meant?  Do you 
> want me to play with that and answer your questions before installing the other 
> patch?
> 
> No.  Please go ahead and install the patch.  Maybe, as soon as I can
> build master again, I'll play around with this myself.

Done.  Closing.

Ken

Subject: 25.1; Restoring the frame from fullscreen to maximized
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:15:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q"

1. Maximize the frame using the mouse -- for example, on MS-Windows,
either click on the "maximize" button or double click on the title
bar.

2. Switch to fullscreen by pressing F11.

3. Press F11 again.

Expected behavior: The frame goes to its previous state (i.e. maximized).

Observed behavior: The frame is not maximized (it is smaller that a
maximized one, both in height and width).

I'm using the Emacs distributed with cygwin, which uses the native
MS-Windows GUI (package "emacs-w32"):

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin)
 of 2016-09-17 built on desktop-new
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10586
Configured using:
 'configure
 --srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-25.1-1.x86_64/src/emacs-25.1
 --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs/html -C
 --with-w32 'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe -Wimplicit-function-declaration
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-25.1-1.x86_64/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-25.1-1
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-25.1-1.x86_64/src/emacs-25.1=/usr/src/debug/emacs-25.1-1'
 CPPFLAGS= LDFLAGS='

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

-- 
Dani Moncayo