Subject: bug#25539: closed (Re: bug#25539: 26.0.50; filenotify-tests.el fails on Windows (32 and 64 bits))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 22:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25539: 26.0.50; filenotify-tests.el fails on Windows (32 and 64 bits)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25539: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25539
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25539: 26.0.50; filenotify-tests.el fails on Windows (32 and 64 bits)
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 00:03:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:32 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Done, thanks.

This was marked as Done in 26.1 and it doesn't happen on 27.0.50, so I'm
closing it.

Subject: 26.0.50; filenotify-tests.el fails on Windows (32 and 64 bits)
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 01:03:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

trunk@C:\...\test> mmake -s lisp/filenotify-tests
Testing lisp/filenotify-tests.el
Running 20 tests (2017-01-26 00:36:36+0100)
Library: `w32notify'
   passed   1/20  file-notify-test00-availability
  skipped   2/20  file-notify-test00-availability-remote
   passed   3/20  file-notify-test01-add-watch
  skipped   4/20  file-notify-test01-add-watch-remote
   passed   5/20  file-notify-test02-events
  skipped   6/20  file-notify-test02-events-remote
Reverting buffer `file-notify-test5408q2D'.
Reverting buffer `file-notify-test5408q2D'.
   passed   7/20  file-notify-test03-autorevert
  skipped   8/20  file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote
Test file-notify-test04-file-validity backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (let ((temporary-file-directory (make-temp-file "file-notify-test-pa
  (unwind-protect (let ((temporary-file-directory (make-temp-file "fil
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-194 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test04-file-validity "C
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test04-file-validity condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542300
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408RVW"
                 (nil . file-notify--test-event-handler)))))
   FAILED   9/20  file-notify-test04-file-validity
  skipped  10/20  file-notify-test04-file-validity-remote
Test file-notify-test05-dir-validity backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (progn (let ((value-269 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-")))
  (unwind-protect (progn (let ((value-269 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluat
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-250 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test05-dir-validity "Ch
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test05-dir-validity condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542240
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent54084zo"
                 (nil . ignore)))))
   FAILED  11/20  file-notify-test05-dir-validity
  skipped  12/20  file-notify-test05-dir-validity-remote
Test file-notify-test06-many-events backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (let ((n 1000) source-file-list target-file-list (default-directory
  (unwind-protect (let ((n 1000) source-file-list target-file-list (de
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-288 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test06-many-events "Che
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test06-many-events condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542336
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408F-u"
                 (nil . file-notify--test-event-handler)))))
   FAILED  13/20  file-notify-test06-many-events
  skipped  14/20  file-notify-test06-many-events-remote
   passed  15/20  file-notify-test07-backup
  skipped  16/20  file-notify-test07-backup-remote
Test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir backtrace:
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply fn-2 args-3)) (setq form-de
  (let (form-description-6) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-4 (apply f
  (let ((value-4 (quote ert-form-evaluation-aborted-5))) (let (form-de
  (let ((fn-2 (function file-notify--test-no-descriptors)) (args-3 (li
  file-notify--test-cleanup-p()
  (progn (let ((value-370 (cl-gensym "ert-form-evaluation-aborted-")))
  (let* ((--cl-dir-callback-- (function (lambda (event) (let ((file-no
  (unwind-protect (let* ((--cl-dir-callback-- (function (lambda (event
  (closure (t) nil (let ((fn-361 (function file-notify--test-local-ena
  ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
  ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-
  ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test f
  ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306 \307\"\203G \211\211G\310U\203 \211@\20
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit(nil)
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit nil))
  command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (file-notify--test-no-descriptors))
      :form
      (file-notify--test-no-descriptors)
      :value nil :explanation
      ("Watch descriptor(s) existent:"
       (38542360
"c:/Users/Juanma/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent5408RcK"
                 (nil closure ... ... ...)))))
   FAILED  17/20  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir
  skipped  18/20  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir-remote
  skipped  19/20  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources
  skipped  20/20  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources-remote

Ran 20 tests, 5 results as expected, 4 unexpected, 11 skipped (2017-01-26
00:38:10+0100)

4 unexpected results:
   FAILED  file-notify-test04-file-validity
   FAILED  file-notify-test05-dir-validity
   FAILED  file-notify-test06-many-events
   FAILED  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir

11 skipped results:
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test00-availability-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test01-add-watch-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test02-events-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test03-autorevert-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test04-file-validity-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test05-dir-validity-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test06-many-events-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test07-backup-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test08-watched-file-in-watched-dir-remote
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources
  SKIPPED  file-notify-test09-sufficient-resources-remote

Makefile:115: recipe for target `lisp/filenotify-tests.log' failed
make[1]: *** [lisp/filenotify-tests.log] Error 1
Makefile:152: recipe for target `lisp/filenotify-tests' failed
make: *** [lisp/filenotify-tests] Error 2