Subject: bug#25537: gtksourceview-2 has xorg-server and shared-mime-info as inputs rather than native-inputs (they are just required for tests)

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 23:20:49 +0100

(define-public gtksourceview-2
  (package
    (name "gtksourceview")
    (version "2.10.5") ; This is the last version which builds against gtk+2
    (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append "mirror://gnome/sources/" name "/"
                                  (version-major+minor version)  "/"
                                  name "-" version ".tar.bz2"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "07hrabhpl6n8ajz10s0d960jdwndxs87szxyn428mpxi8cvpg1f5"))))
    (build-system gnu-build-system)
    (inputs
     `(("gtk" ,gtk+-2)
       ;; These two are needed only to allow the tests to run successfully.
       ("xorg-server" ,xorg-server) ;  <====================== ?!
       ("shared-mime-info" ,shared-mime-info))) ;  <====================== ?!
    (native-inputs
     `(("intltool" ,intltool)
       ("glib" ,glib "bin")             ; for glib-genmarshal, etc.
       ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)))

Why?

Also, gtksourceview (without -2) doesn't. Weird...