Subject: Re: bug#25533: guixsd hardware issue

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:21:33 +0100

Hello,

Dika Setya Prayogi <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I used guixsd x86_64 on my asus u36sd laptop, installed it on ssd and
> these problem occurs
>
> 1.I have two ram total of 6 gb, if I use both of them guixsd will
> stuck on blank screen at boot after entering /dev/sdx/ passphrase, if
> I use only one ram it will boot fine

What do you mean by “one ram”?  Do you mean inserting one or two RAM
components in your machine is what makes a difference?

> 2.guixsd cant find luks device if I using device as external hdd using
> usb to sata cable

Does the kernel show that it actually detected the external HDD when
booting?  It could be that the initrd needs extra drivers to access it.

Do you know which kernel modules are needed to access this HDD?

Thanks,
Ludo’.