Subject: bug#25527: PostgreSQL retains references to ld-wrapper and coreutils

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 22:05:19 +0100

Hi,

Sorry for the multi-month delay…

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The manual says (emphasis by me):
>
>         References are a subset of the inputs of the derivation; this
>         subset is AUTOMATICALLY COMPUTED by the build daemon by scanning
>         all the files in the outputs.
>
> Therefore, how is it computed?  Or what is the entry point to understand
> how the build daemon does?

The daemon scans build results, nothing fancy.  See ‘scanForReferences’
in the C++ code.

> The output is the folder $(guix build postgresql)/, right?  So it means
> one (or more) file refers to ld-wrapper and coreutils.  How can I find
> which one?  Other said, what are the tools I could use?

I’d do like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ grep -r $(guix build ld-wrapper) $(guix build postgresql)
/gnu/store/lrll3ibqags97g2hmjv4az9g1xif42g4-postgresql-11.6/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.global:LD = /gnu/store/mpa04aq8lblbcviyxywxcsb1zbi0mf39-ld-wrapper-0/bin/ld
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

HTH!  :-)

Ludo’.