Subject: Re: bug#25525: 25.1.90; add color highlighting to css mode

From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:27:36 +0200

> I just tried my patch and "$black" is not highlighted here in scss 
mode.
 > I think that's expected, now that I look at it, because
 > css--colors-regexp starts with a "\_<", so it only matches at symbol
 > boundaries.

Hm, I'm still seeing it here with the patch from March 4. Maybe that one
is outdated?

 > On second thought, I suppose checking backward one word isn't such a 
big
 > deal.  I don't know SCSS though.  Is @mixin the only problem case or 
are
 > there others?

I think the names of mixins and placeholders are most important, because
it's not unlikely for them to have colors for names. Examples of usage:

  @mixin black {}
  .foo { @include black; }

  %black {}
  .foo { @extend %black; }

There's also maps, but I think they're less important if it's hard to
solve:

  $foo: (bar: 1, black: 2);

-- Simen