Subject: bug#25525: 25.1.90; add color highlighting to css mode

From: Etienne Prud’homme <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 19:24:42 -0400

Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think it would be good, but it would require more than just a CSS
> parser - you also need the DOM, so you'd need a way for Emacs to
> associate CSS and HTML files.
>
> Tom

Of course, I wasn’t talking about HTML. CSS is not confined only to
HTML. Sure HTML (the DOM) can set styles, but the styles are coming from
either an external style sheet or the browser default style sheet. CSS in
itself is a set of cascading style rules that apply according to a tree
structure.

What we could do with the parser is to tell us which rules are applied
in a given node path.

We could even apply CSS to the Emacs widget system (although it would
require lots of work).

--
Etienne