Subject: bug#25523: 25.1; rename `cl-caddr' etc. to `caddr' etc.

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:18:21 -0800 (PST)

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-02/msg01451.html

As RMS said there:

> Today, there is no need to keep Emacs so small.  So we may as
> well add c...r and c....r to Emacs Lisp.

It is ridulous that these ever got renamed to cl-*.  Lisp deserves
more respect than that.

It is doubly ridiculous that the aliases for them, which remove the
silly `cl-' prefix, are in a _completely different library_.  So even if
you require `cl-lib.el' you do not get the aliases (the aliases are in
`cl.el').

It is hard to believe that anyone implemented this.  It is high time to
fix it.  (It's now been almost a year since that emacs-devel
discussion.)

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-17 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'