Subject: bug#25507: closed (Re: bug#25507: Acknowledgement (SDDM leaves drawing artifacts on screen with OpenBox))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25507: SDDM leaves drawing artifacts on screen with OpenBox

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25507: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25507
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25507: Acknowledgement (SDDM leaves drawing artifacts on screen with OpenBox)
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 12:39:58 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed, this is a feature of OpenBox. When you set a background
with an external helper, the glitches disappear.

I haven't used *box in many years.
-- 
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/

Subject: SDDM leaves drawing artifacts on screen with OpenBox
From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 01:59:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Using the SDDM service with GuixSD, when logging into OpenBox
leaves glitches on screen when moving applications around,
opening and closing windows, etc.
For the lack of a screenshot, imagine that I am able to "draw"
with the open windows.

It is normal(?) for OpenBox that the Background from the Display
Manager stays after login, but this "glitch" wasn't there with
SLIM.

Is this a bug or a feature of SDDM? I haven't used it in year,
and as this clearly can be unappealing to others I open it as a
bug first.
-- 
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/