Subject: Re: bug#25494: sed 4.3-1 segmentation fault (core dumped) : Error in `sed': realloc(): invalid next size: 0x000000000209aed0 ***

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:13:58 -0500

Hello,

on 01/20/2017 02:29 PM, Noé Girand wrote:
> Attached is my sed-dump.xml example input file, and `locale` outputs.

Thank you.

I was able to reproduce it with sed-4.3,
and also able to confirm sed no longer segfaults in the latest git
version.
A related regex/newline bug was recently fixed in gnulib:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/?id=823b5cb589366f7c8742503af980803afad0978f

And I suspect it was the same cause as this bug.

> Let me know if I can provide any additional help.

Can you help us confirm that this bug is solved in the
latest 'sed' ?

If you are able to build from git, please use this:
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/sed.git

Otherwise, I've prepared a temporary archive,
available here:

 http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/sed/sed-4.3.16-572d.tar.xz

 $ sha256sum sed-4.3.16-572d.tar.xz
5dc97640e955fb84e84dc48667de703fac1dd12f3529859ed7ba252d4112d4ef
sed-4.3.16-572d.tar.xz

thanks,
 - assaf