Subject: Re: bug#25482: 26.0.50; Allow setting `query-replace-from-to-separator` to nil

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 21:14:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm afraid we are mis-communicating.

Yes.

> The current code uses a null character as the separator, giving it a
> display property and a separator property.  The display property uses
> a non-ASCII character (→).  What I wanted to suggest is to keep the
> same code, and just allow users to specify the ASCII string " -> " for
> the display property.

No change is needed for this, it's what the current code does.

> That should be much simpler than your proposed patch,

What would be much more simple would be to not use at all properties,
the actual implementation is too complex for something quite simple.

I will not have much time to continue on this, I will look into this
maybe later, if you think this change is not important, just close the bug for
now (if you need the last patch I wrote which works fine, let me know).

Thanks.

-- 
Thierry