Subject: bug#25476: pivot-root test fails on Ubuntu 16.04

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 17:23:08 +0100

Hi!

Paul Garlick <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have noticed that the pivot-root test on my development system has
> started to fail.  After running 'make check' the result: FAIL is
> recorded for the syscalls.scm test.
>
> I have recently updated the system.  It is running Ubuntu 16.04.
>  Previously, the test passed.  Now:
>
> $ uname -r
> 4.4.0-59-generic

That’s on Git master, right?

Could you post tests/syscalls.log?

This test is known to be problematic with recent kernels, as written
above it:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; XXX: Skip this test when running Linux > 4.7.5 to work around
;; <https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=183461>.
(when (or (not perform-container-tests?)
          (version>? (utsname:release (uname)) "4.7.5"))
  (test-skip 1))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

AFAIK this particular problem was introduced around 4.7.5, as discussed
in the bug report above, but maybe Ubuntu’s 4.4 has it too?

Thanks for your report!

Ludo’.