Subject: bug#25476: closed (Re: Bug#25476 Hunting: pivot-root test fails on foreign distro)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 11:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25476: pivot-root test fails on Ubuntu 16.04

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25476: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25476
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Bug#25476 Hunting: pivot-root test fails on foreign distro
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:34:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This bug seems fixed by  a1a8b7f2e20513a3ad968e74e7ec52546404e3c6 as
> explained here [1].

Well this commit fixes one of the issues discussed here (the utmpx test
failure), but not the ‘pivot-root’ test failure itself.

However, it seems that the ‘pivot-root’ test is now skipped in practice
on most systems so…

Turns out I found how to make it work again in commit
1deca767be1b84b96633e317f3fcdd5165f95df3.  Let me know if anything’s
amiss.

Finally closing!  :-)

Ludo’.

Subject: pivot-root test fails on Ubuntu 16.04
From: Paul Garlick <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:22:51 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I have noticed that the pivot-root test on my development system has
started to fail.  After running 'make check' the result: FAIL is
recorded for the syscalls.scm test.

I have recently updated the system.  It is running Ubuntu 16.04.
 Previously, the test passed.  Now:

$ uname -r
4.4.0-59-generic

Best,

Paul.