Subject: bug#25474: 26.0.50; Buffer content invisible

From: "Ivor Durham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 01:50:45 -0800

--text follows this line--

After a fresh "git clone; autoconfig.sh; autoconfig.sh git; configure; make"
sequence I have an Emacs that displays a menu bar and right-hand scroll bar
but the actual buffer content is invisible. (See attached screenshot after
opening my .bashrc file.) If I use the "-nw" option to avoid the window
system, the buffer content is visible. I'm connecting to my Linux system via
SecureCRT from my Windows 10 laptop which has VcXsrv running locally.

The officially installed Emacs 25.1.1 displays the buffer content correctly
which this new 26.0.50 build does not with the same Windows client
connection.

Where should I look for more information on this problem. Thanks in advance.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)

of 2017-01-18 built on clowder

Repository revision: dbb29d7eb428dd53617d31a9cc159d889deb1e8e

System Description:     Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Recent messages:

Loading paren...done

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT

ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8

  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:

  gpm-mouse-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  size-indication-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq dired

dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa epg

epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode

mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047

rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils t-mouse term/linux

php-mode advice derived rx edmacro kmacro speedbar sb-image ezimage

dframe etags xref cl-seq project eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile

cl-extra help-mode cconv eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs flymake

compile comint ansi-color ring add-log cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts

easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars

cc-defs cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date paren cus-start

cus-load mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks

lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar

dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment

text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar

rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock

syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian

utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean

japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european

ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table

epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer

cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files

text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule

custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify dynamic-setting

system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x

multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 149429 9392)

(symbols 48 26038 1)

(miscs 40 41 120)

(strings 32 33443 4625)

(string-bytes 1 1117918)

(vectors 16 18190)

(vector-slots 8 484789 5293)

(floats 8 249 245)

(intervals 56 155 0)

(buffers 976 12))