Subject: RE: bug#25474: 26.0.50; Buffer content invisible

From: "Ivor Durham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 09:24:47 -0800

The cursor does not appear. If I click in the buffer area the cut and copy
icons highlight while the mouse is down.

"emacs -Q -bg blue -fg red" produces a blue background for the buffer but no
text appears in red when I type.

"emacs -Q -fn 8x12" reports "Font '8x12' is not defined". However, I checked
my .Xdefaults and it specifies "emacs*font" as "9x15". Using "9x15" instead
of "8x12" the window opens with the blank buffer area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Zaretskii [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:50 AM
To: Ivor Durham
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#25474: 26.0.50; Buffer content invisible

> From: "Ivor Durham" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 08:04:53 -0800
> 
> Clicking on menu items produces the expected drop-down. Hovering over
icons produces the expected tooltip. Selecting Help/About produces a blank
buffer. Selecting Help/GNU launches the browser as expected. So it appears
to be only the buffer content display that is not working.

What about the cursor -- do you see it?  If you click the mouse on the text
area, does it appear and/or move to the place where you clicked?

Also, does invoking Emacs like below make the text visible?

  emacs -Q -bg blue -fg read

How about this:

  emacs -Q -fn 8x12