Subject: bug#25463: guile-2.0.13 Check errors

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:03:36 +0100

Hello!

[email-masked] skribis:

> I am trying to build guile version 2.0.13 in GNU Hurd through Guix
> package manager, in the 'Check' phase I have 4 errors; I am attaching
> the build log(config.zip), environment
> variables(environment-variables) and test log(check-guile.zip).
>
> This is a grep of errors, any idea how I can deal with this?
>
> /*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
> ERROR: 00-repl-server.test: repl-server: simple expression -
> arguments: ((system-error "fport_fill_input" "~A" ("Transport endpoint
> is not connected") (1073741881)))
> ERROR: 00-repl-server.test: repl-server: HTTP inter-protocol attack - 
> arguments: ((system-error "fport_fill_input" "~A" ("Transport endpoint
> is not connected") (1073741881)))

The Guix package for Guile incorporates a patch that corresponds to
Guile commit 2fbde7f02adb8c6585e9baf6e293ee49cd23d4c4, which fixes a
race condition for these tests.

Could you check that this patch is really being used?

> ERROR: statprof.test: return values - arguments: ((system-error
> "setitimer" "~A" ("Function not implemented") (1073741902)))
> ERROR: statprof.test: statistical sample counts within expected range
> - 
> arguments: ((misc-error #f "~A" ("Can't reset profiler while profiler
> is running.") #f))
> ERROR: statprof.test: accurate call counting - arguments: ((misc-error
> #f "~A" ("Can't reset profiler while profiler is running.") #f))

This file uses a ‘when-implemented’ macro to skip tests upon ENOSYS
(“Function not implemented”).

The first of these 3 tests lacked it though, so I’ve added it in commit
f2764cb1031379c47a17c02fef3f8164a6ce9cda.

Could you run these tests manually to see what’s going on?  From the
top-level build tree of Guile, run:

  ./check-guile statprof.test

and see if it fails similarly.  If it does, you can add ‘display’ or
‘pk’ calls in the tests to see what’s going on.

HTH!

Ludo’.