Subject: Re: bug#25463: guile-2.0.13 Check errors

From: Richard Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:47:51 +0100

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 10:18:02PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Manolis Ragkousis <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > Locally on Hurd I am using this patch
> > http://paste.lisp.org/display/338954 on the glibc/hurd package to work
> > around that test failure. Ideally we need to modify the way guile
> > handles time.[1]
> 
> Does ‘glibc/hurd’ have this patch in ‘core-updates’?  Should it?
> 
> Would it make sense to address this issue in Guile instead of libc,
> Richard?  I guess the answer depends on how many programs make this
> assumption besides Guile.

I'd say applications shouldn't be concerned with that, this problem
should remain solved by the system components, and libc (or procfs or
whatever) are the right places to deal with it.

See https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2013-06/msg00089.html.

-- 
Richard Braun