Subject: Re: bug#25461: [Patch #2]: Missing doc strings for "," and ",@".

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:43:23 +0000

Hello, Michael.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 02:58:54 +0100, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I've hacked all this together.  What used to be called a "reader
> > macro" is now a "reader construct".

> Well, I liked my suggested wording more, but that's not a big surprise I
> guess.  I wonder what others think?

As I said to Noam, I don't thing "read syntax" is quite right.

> > diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/backquote.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/backquote.el
> > [...]

> I see that you already installed you suggested patch.  After a short
> test it seems to work as intended (FWIW, it doesn't work with Helm, I
> guess because Helm doesn't consult a completion table but reimplements
> the whole C-h f thing by itself).

That sounds bad!  I wasn't actually aware of Helm, but at the moment I
don't see why it would need its own C-h f facility.

> Regards,

> Michael.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).