Subject: bug#25461: [Patch #2]: Missing doc strings for "," and ",@".

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:39:18 +0000

Hello, Noam.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 23:01:36 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > I've hacked all this together.  What used to be called a "reader macro"
> > is now a "reader construct".

> I think "read syntax" is better just because the manual already uses
> that term.

I think this is a very fine point.  "Read syntax" tends to distract
attention from the semantics, I think.

> > +;; Give `,' and `,@' documentation strings which can be examined by C-h f.
> > +(put '\, 'function-documentation
> > +     "See `\\=`' (also `pcase') for the details of `,'.")
> > +(put '\, 'reader-construct t)
> > +
> > +(put '\,@ 'function-documentation
> > +     "See `\\=`' or `,' for the details of `,@'.")

> Linking from ",@" to "," seems a bit unhelpful, since "," hardly says
> anything and just links to "`".

Thanks, I actually spotted that and removed it before committing a patch
yesterday.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).