Subject: bug#25461: Missing doc strings for "," and ",@".

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:41:19 +0000

Hello, Andreas.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 09:36:14PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jan 17 2017, Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I think I want some means of displaying "their doc strings".  They're much
> > more like functions than variables,

> They are neither, just syntactic elements.

I don't expect the typical novice Elisp hacker cares about such nice
distinctions.  She can get a doc string for `, so why not one for , or
,@?

Anyway, I'm going to be providing a patch to do this.  We'll see whether
people like it or not.

> Andreas.

> -- 
> Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
> GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
> "And now for something completely different."

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).