Subject: Re: bug#2546: toolbar bug

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:42:21 -0500

On 6 Mar 2009, at 09:56, Adrian Robert wrote:

> The calculation method that was commented out in x_set_window_size()  
> works here, and I've committed it to CVS.  As mentioned in the  
> comment, this would sometimes fail previously if the toolbar had not  
> been displayed yet.  I believe the relevant call would be [toolbar  
> setVisible: true] and this normally happens in nsmenu.c:  
> ns_update_toolbar().  When a new frame is created, it is initially  
> set to NOT visible in EmacsView-initFrameFromEmacs, because it will  
> be turned on if needed and after it is ready by  
> ns_update_toolbar().  However, if this gets called AFTER  
> x_set_window_size(), it could cause the failure.  If you still see  
> it in your environment, could you try throwing in a call to [[view  
> toolbar] setVisible: true] in the 'if (tb)' section before calling  
> frameRectForContentRect, and see if that helps?

OK, I've seen your patch now; this works for me.

The resizing problems persist.  Resizing happens only for each full  
column or row, but the it's jumping around badly, as if the whole  
window content is drawn one row too low first.