Subject: bug#25453: Inconsistent keyboard layout affecting encrypted root

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 14:22:01 +0100

Hello,

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> I'm using a UK keyboard layout with a computer that I recently installed
>> GuixSD on with a encrypted root parition. Immediately after installation
>> when I attempted to boot in to the new system for the first time I had
>> to enter the passphrase twice, and in doing this, first I had to use the
>> keyboard layout under which I carried out the installation (the layout
>> which I had intended to use), and then during the early boot stage of
>> the system I had to enter the passphrase using a different keyboard
>> layout.
>
> Currently installing a keymap is something done by the ‘console-keymap’
> Shepherd service, which invokes ‘loadkeys’.  That happens after
> “cryptsetup --open” has opened your encrypted root device, hence the
> problem.

I am using '(console-keymap-service "fr")' in my system config, so I
would expect to have at least an AZERTY keyboard layout for the second
passphrase entered but I am not.  Am I overlooking something?

Thanks.

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37