Subject: bug#25444: closed (Re: bug#25444: 'guix system init' on GuixSD w/ RAID target produces "guix system: error: failed to register")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25444: 'guix system init' on GuixSD w/ RAID target produces "guix system: error: failed to register"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25444: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25444
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25444: 'guix system init' on GuixSD w/ RAID target produces "guix system: error: failed to register"
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:31:40 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

myglc2 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 01/15/2017 at 20:19 Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> myglc2 <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> On 01/14/2017 at 14:44 Ludovic Courtès writes:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> myglc2 <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>>>
>>>>>     root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm /mnt/md0
>>>>>     [...]
>>>>>     initializing operating system under '/mnt/md0'...
>>>>>     copying '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2'...
>>>>>     In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
>>>>
>>>> The crux of the problem is this last line.  It looks like the Guix
>>>> installation is broken here.
>>>>
>>>> Could you check what happened to this ‘guix-register’ command?
>>>
>>> Thanks. I did a fresh guix pull and looked for guix-register. I couldn't
>>> find it my PATH or in guix-latest. But I did find it in the globally
>>> installed guix package.
>>>
>>> Then, just to be sure things hadn't magically fixed themselves, I reproduced
>>> the crime ;-)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> copying '/gnu/store/1k2swlkbpf44d5fzgvrp5znafhw90xh7-grub-image.png'...
>>> In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
>>> guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/1k2swlkbpf44d5fzgvrp5znafhw90xh7-grub-image.png' under '/mnt/md0'
>>
>> The problem is that somehow Guix is configured to look for
>> /usr/local/sbin/guix-register (this location comes from
>> guix/config.scm), but that file doesn’t exist.
>>
>> So you need to make /usr/local/sbin/guix-register a symlink to the right
>> thing, or somehow fix the installation.
>
> I was running guix built from Git checkout w/ clean working tree so I
> don't know how my system got out of whack. The symlink approach worked
> and the new system on new disks has ...
>
> which guix-register
> /run/current-system/profile/sbin/guix-register

Good, thanks for letting me know!

Ludo’.

Subject: 'guix system init' on GuixSD w/ RAID target produces "guix system: error: failed to register"
From: myglc2 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 23:30:45 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

** summary

Running 'guix system init' on GuixSD with RAID target device produces errors like ...

    root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm /mnt/md0
    [...]
    initializing operating system under '/mnt/md0'...
    copying '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2'...
    In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
    guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2' under '/mnt/md0'
    [...]
    guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/1k2swlkbpf44d5fzgvrp5znafhw90xh7-grub-image.png' under '/mnt/md0'

Running Guix from git checkout and from guix pull produce similar errors.

Version info, logs, and config file are attached below.

** Running from git checkout:

*** Log

root@g1 /home/glc# lsblk -f
NAME    FSTYPE            LABEL    UUID                                 MOUNTPOINT
sdb                                                                     
├─sdb2                                                                  
├─sdb5  linux_raid_member g1:1     644cee85-566f-abce-84c5-5e6f9983c6f8 
├─sdb1  linux_raid_member g1:0     59340f87-fc27-638b-f1cd-42a9a6bdfad3 
│ └─md0 ext4              g1-root  415ba95b-7375-4f26-822c-d3d3e7a0f734 /mnt/md0
└─sdb6  linux_raid_member g1:2     1b0c8ab8-0dad-e743-e5c6-577fcd6419cd 
  └─md2 ext4              g1-bstg  02d1d054-fc65-4773-9597-890b56482b6a /mnt/md2
sdc                                                                     
├─sdc2                                                                  
├─sdc5  linux_raid_member g1:1     644cee85-566f-abce-84c5-5e6f9983c6f8 
├─sdc1  linux_raid_member g1:0     59340f87-fc27-638b-f1cd-42a9a6bdfad3 
│ └─md0 ext4              g1-root  415ba95b-7375-4f26-822c-d3d3e7a0f734 /mnt/md0
└─sdc6  linux_raid_member g1:2     1b0c8ab8-0dad-e743-e5c6-577fcd6419cd 
  └─md2 ext4              g1-bstg  02d1d054-fc65-4773-9597-890b56482b6a /mnt/md2
sda                                                                     
└─sda1  ext4              ssd-root ec3af1c3-2489-4400-acee-a57438b353d4 /
root@g1 /home/glc# cd
root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm /mnt/md0
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/a9cpcsbqc0nj2r1qi8a8hzl7m6wnfn4d-system.drv
   /gnu/store/sgjyqs1nngzfra8j720lgpr7rhfrdbnj-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/rh0da4gw9hxskpn8zdxd4f20dd46mwrf-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/v12bx159c461xy0yd7x5kra7hfb79f9a-shepherd-user-processes.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/ddxwbsm2z82fz5ahy6an7mfx67ia9dfa-shepherd-user-file-systems.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/6inqbx38yajns8dz06r8ij21y8j1gdyk-shepherd-device-mapping--dev-md1.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/5wknmg4zf4kljwikbnhmwnb0aq6agcky-shepherd-device-mapping--dev-md2.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/4l7p849pchaxfw628a95c08r2282gxxs-shepherd-file-system--mnt-bstg.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/syk6y0i21399lfnjwrvcffmk02xbph1h-shepherd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/a9hmflqkh2nfns54xfjrwalnzzwzxfhw-activate-service.drv
   /gnu/store/7wvp80b2rdng391pdncdbc21lsw148fg-activate-service.drv
   /gnu/store/fbjknymwzdsf5pmsaqxmvn1hdvcinp1i-activate.drv
   /gnu/store/0rnp9pqyd7j2nd08hav57m3645brlmcv-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/hbhxxp5vfl0w63js2mrkpfy7zzg4pdly-etc.drv
   /gnu/store/a04l8ypqwakcv1cpqiq222clv032yk9a-init.drv
   /gnu/store/76649pq3r2sxjqcpghmp9sw31mhdzi5r-base-initrd.drv
[...]
/gnu/store/cb6nirh13zhnsrq85jh4xb6hh1i36vbh-system
/gnu/store/qbi85dpcnyg3vvpph8jsajfs4f0ahd0b-grub.cfg
/gnu/store/q0hvvcydv83hk104fimhj30asn291j9p-grub-2.02beta3

initializing operating system under '/mnt/md0'...
copying '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2'...
In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2' under '/mnt/md0'
root@g1 ~# guix system build system/g1.00.scm
/gnu/store/cb6nirh13zhnsrq85jh4xb6hh1i36vbh-system
root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm
guix system: error: wrong number of arguments for action 'init'
root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm /mnt/md0
/gnu/store/cb6nirh13zhnsrq85jh4xb6hh1i36vbh-system
/gnu/store/qbi85dpcnyg3vvpph8jsajfs4f0ahd0b-grub.cfg
/gnu/store/q0hvvcydv83hk104fimhj30asn291j9p-grub-2.02beta3

initializing operating system under '/mnt/md0'...
copying '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2'...
In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/0m0clxj69xrxb76kyh3ral8lkfb0vx8c-linux-libre-4.9.2' under '/mnt/md0'

*** Version

root@g1 ~# stat ~/.config/guix/latest | grep File:
  File: '/root/.config/guix/latest' -> '../../../home/g1/src/guix'
root@g1 ~# git -C ~/.config/guix/latest describe
v0.12.0-456-gb0a567640
root@g1 ~# guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0.12.0

** Running from guix pull

*** Log

root@g1 ~# guix system init system/g1.00.scm /mnt/md0
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating list of substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/zj07jaxsymdmsh57qx41r6m2l3qnbiai-system.drv
   /gnu/store/gk30lxwarngqzz2ba2dfkgvrv4iib7ws-grub.cfg.drv
   /gnu/store/kazg1sasim610sxm1s2p8vlgdg72flyh-grub-2.02beta3.drv
   /gnu/store/fjbrpb0bvl2mwnilymkng5q578gzs4a2-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/951a4xy4q5cw75cvzfmjcx0g8dq2zyg2-libepoxy-1.3.1.drv
   /gnu/store/453z40bqlc4giy68cfq7n19aigyps4hm-wayland-1.11.0.drv
   /gnu/store/j03b1ik3vlyv1k8vfkziv5nmyxy597m2-mesa-13.0.2.drv
   /gnu/store/my0j26x50ispr9bpqqfdr9rkcp3hn566-sdl-1.2.15.drv
   /gnu/store/xqfmyxf5riz26yz75dcnm2kwbgv6aqjn-virglrenderer-0.5.0.drv
   /gnu/store/zmjf445a5i10sfqdsjp4hx6qqwzqa81i-spice-0.12.8.drv
   /gnu/store/daskz92x2hmkqvkzwlvm9wvgvgd0b3cf-ghostscript-with-x-9.14.0.drv
   /gnu/store/2b973pgyfsylc7pd0ipmnwx79psrmk1q-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/wz604x6i3zpj1w71y48nnn6jpazq871k-cairo-1.14.8.drv
   /gnu/store/wc80xa4k1dmjkb0irzdfa7ls2hpqkhml-poppler-0.50.0.drv
   /gnu/store/zqg5px2w3w1rnds1jplvw9cna33q3sfg-cups-filters-1.13.1.drv
   /gnu/store/237js86hsfshvh028b99vfcwh489m2c5-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/0lk3aj271vig138c9q5ycpiaj4pwks4k-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/27d6q3a4pmzbbfl9mvv46q2qcl3lbnh9-cups-2.2.1.drv
   /gnu/store/5pqgcxmmbyjjp4w5w0bwni546ms9rrkm-gv-3.7.4.drv
   /gnu/store/f5ngd3rrzzqn2qxhici9ad6zlzcm9l12-qemu-2.8.0.drv
   /gnu/store/qf1sjlxrrsnkgzdwi522h7yqb8i0mv7f-emacs-guix-0.2.2.drv
   /gnu/store/qkyhxhfqzjn53igmda701873zmn5fif4-emacs-no-x-toolkit-25.1.drv
   /gnu/store/x7aw6fl3lafcs5lk5p34piixdbksk0s1-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/r6lccwvqzm19rzd9f0vz451svsvkhqh1-activate-service.drv
   /gnu/store/n1zq6pryrvp3j0ffba7k8gfdah7v99a6-activate-service.drv
   /gnu/store/qqiv0pbgmmsfxpg94613j2ff3vdfr5sq-activate.drv
   /gnu/store/xdyv8wv47vrnlf8y95y8j72dgf5wgcrw-shepherd-device-mapping--dev-md2.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/qk2wi0a6r94rsjzxkxdh7zvv1swqlvxm-shepherd-ssh-daemon.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/gcnqnymlhmay0j28b5f82n0j7y8sj52m-shepherd-device-mapping--dev-md1.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/irlkqlyrk2kagdkklicc97gjdk27nf7z-guix-0.12.0-3.eefd.drv
   /gnu/store/7bgngvcvaqrxc3584zr3svqvrrvd0r72-shepherd-guix-daemon.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/m9i1qpr14vlnhvk5b4lqnpfn87cc61bp-shepherd.conf.drv
   /gnu/store/m1rfjkmyl8m4wn3m6j34ic9mhgp0vp69-boot.drv
   /gnu/store/136vgvpjvqp4gfl4g4yvl6ymwqsr4j6n-parameters.drv
   /gnu/store/p9rm1alwpi27ai7dwl13s9afws042ch1-linux-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/5l973z4qcl0l8rksdc3h834spngvv53x-init.drv
   /gnu/store/d3xibly32d5kjxd11lavmrhv4cd4ixrz-harfbuzz-1.3.4.drv
   /gnu/store/fgbg5nxrnxg0ns494zhy7sd3q765s472-librsvg-2.40.16.drv
   /gnu/store/jcxdcl9bxbh4lnvq7s5hcx9ld43rwrjp-pango-1.40.1.drv
   /gnu/store/7ihcz9ng38wldc0ivl9gf30d9340hvnz-cairo-1.14.8.drv
   /gnu/store/qsk2wp38ki04r18f41xnkw507lkpcn4w-guile-cairo-1.4.1.drv
   /gnu/store/z6qrr5qz3lxfwpiy1ri70q2pa7v26iig-guile-rsvg-2.18.1.drv
   /gnu/store/mhr1ydl9a9h7vvnvf1g4ql4nzgrwpvbw-grub-image.png.drv
   /gnu/store/mlpf3iim79cq9lm48d5c1x1g1p10nhbv-base-initrd.drv
The following files will be downloaded:
   /gnu/store/fnz2nsk6xc5bsmnc8i6s6r69r8b6msj0-grub-2.02beta3
   /gnu/store/if0bxbizbv3xy6ybpbp9p0g91slg3hwz-emacs-no-x-toolkit-25.1
   /gnu/store/i81xmw8vydj3sajzw0afjnw3yi3ybyh4-cairo-1.14.8
   /gnu/store/7i6d4399y0q3prazyskqhdl0fcdc0lib-librsvg-2.40.16
   /gnu/store/a80i0a8h2v5yk0i3v712szvzh58ziazw-guix-0.12.0-3.eefd
   /gnu/store/qzyxjhvsgkqd7gv6ki9ifg2xid30fd5s-emacs-guix-0.2.2
   /gnu/store/08fqa5ngkjaj0xwgysni80ik4i2gpmrb-xauth-1.0.9
   /gnu/store/ax95zmrfrcz02gr0qgnl7bbsgr4sp02x-mdadm-3.4
   /gnu/store/zhj1kx6b2mzm4cbw9kjfibkak461hkfz-usbutils-008
   /gnu/store/vv6y33ji06dg3xchlwd7lyc0pdj59s61-nano-2.7.4
   /gnu/store/fyvd8cjz9vs2sgmv0afpa9py4mq1znd9-openssh-7.4p1
   /gnu/store/rqg4malz30sm4hakrvr4xln54w77yiz8-pciutils-3.5.2
   /gnu/store/z268kiqgmr3sgaml2gc0dr9yz577l9i2-parted-3.2
   /gnu/store/vzlgcmkys1dpw238wq7qb9klb4g84p5l-kmod-23
   /gnu/store/zbl58aqrg3apbdafjqq02n85wdrsxan3-font-gnu-freefont-ttf-20120503
   /gnu/store/ji6b6zhk7l3y7vbjhx7kpnb9v7hlbc6v-eudev-3.2
   /gnu/store/94l9y9sch5p6lblbhzsxxbixwdzg9gzj-isc-dhcp-4.3.5
   /gnu/store/2av3y8p894i9i11a5x7wq08jd9mdqmhn-spice-0.12.8
   /gnu/store/zcw1g59b2q7cymz7yqcsws1kc5in8x9y-mesa-13.0.2
   /gnu/store/0imjnbykrcfgn1k0g93frypvm2zgrdxf-libepoxy-1.3.1
   /gnu/store/00vbbwcvbzk74fg099an1x5ymaa31q06-wayland-1.11.0
   /gnu/store/v337gfmqp4zzw8psb222j86m9jc87wap-virglrenderer-0.5.0
   /gnu/store/pw5xscbfy99csx95nm0jmp4hjqkav1ac-sdl-1.2.15
   /gnu/store/ghid7wddj35p9f30f6g0wfcw3sf2mrl7-qemu-2.8.0
   /gnu/store/hp4lfcf705p9nxm0j0jxn0g9a8zqk55z-ghostscript-with-x-9.14.0-doc
   /gnu/store/gnmx5j1ky950jhdwqc35jnc499fb337a-ghostscript-with-x-9.14.0
   /gnu/store/pmncxq8i68sbh08gpd2rzbz6rx89np1v-gv-3.7.4
   /gnu/store/q0s5f069zn5z1gndgvw9cb2nhxlrl6gi-cairo-1.14.8
   /gnu/store/davx80x5283v0kpk0vim0ags2zgln9kf-poppler-0.50.0
   /gnu/store/xlb7k5l3l4gq12z4fmg5i59y5hdzn472-cups-filters-1.13.1
   /gnu/store/zx2liby1bn5q5prpckyn2my9iyz4bfdm-cups-2.2.1
   /gnu/store/am565a1was8087pniyp5i4n9k0w1ngyg-lsh-2.1
   /gnu/store/dz2drbw7hkgrkp1rqlfd9c753yyw5p5f-mdadm-static-3.4
   /gnu/store/r8milpgm7h6nxag3q6625n0565z3hjwy-shepherd-networking.scm
   /gnu/store/3kvlzqyc0i84rknfs5w27444j42kbq0d-shepherd-udev.scm
   /gnu/store/r89zns9nh2gnm6ryn4hd52w5v1cdfvgr-linux-libre-4.9.3
   /gnu/store/l5x98lmamj2aj9aalqwyq0yisimk7429-harfbuzz-1.3.4
   /gnu/store/zmvlr2kgp38q0iqkk7359dmcmg822jsf-pango-1.40.1
   /gnu/store/dndh06ipavdk5anl5v6m026rxk3gahlx-harfbuzz-1.3.4-bin
   /gnu/store/8zdhisvahs9lbs855b1s8pvycyplvjjf-guile-cairo-1.4.1
   /gnu/store/ibri14qibbkbm5z2akjwvs8qs0nv5yn7-guile-rsvg-2.18.1
   /gnu/store/ligd5zgw6dpq28a2k1vlhd33jqv4fpx4-libxmu-1.1.2
   /gnu/store/9ibmq68knvr5dbmw9s7mykrk6ch4b3wb-udev.conf
   /gnu/store/vc9wqscyfws2my4qrqlsgxv6gd0qax6w-udev-rules
   /gnu/store/bnrzkvyvz36sx20jscaf60044avkn600-lvm2-2.02.166
   /gnu/store/8rvwbw23jg58q6fnyzrr18gjl6fmb1q1-libxt-1.1.5
   /gnu/store/fsqc2k7irsrijfz41hi982b93an2zcpw-libxpm-3.5.12
   /gnu/store/8068m377ascyin3bc60cl15n5cymdckr-libxaw3d-1.6.2
   /gnu/store/4325w3jhvd3lbxnfqan7p4fydhzah4b6-pulseaudio-9.0
   /gnu/store/nkcsp61kg2fp4xa35sk09glgfai5q6cp-eudev-with-hwdb-3.2
Downloading https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/nar/r89zns9nh2gnm6ryn4hd52w5v1cdfvgr-linux-libre-4.9.3 (208.6MiB installed)...
[...]
`/gnu/store/2ayx2b08id7xid0s4ykhfvr1irl2qi7l-elf.scm' -> `contents/gnu/store/2ayx2b08id7xid0s4ykhfvr1irl2qi7l-elf.scm'
grafting '/gnu/store/if0bxbizbv3xy6ybpbp9p0g91slg3hwz-emacs-no-x-toolkit-25.1' -> '/gnu/store/6vciqs9w8wdw06pgfjvfx1n5pbb9gz57-emacs-no-x-toolkit-25.1'...
grafting '/gnu/store/ibri14qibbkbm5z2akjwvs8qs0nv5yn7-guile-rsvg-2.18.1' -> '/gnu/store/7m975lwwfd6hh2k289j33gwg9hpdcl55-guile-rsvg-2.18.1'...
grafting '/gnu/store/davx80x5283v0kpk0vim0ags2zgln9kf-poppler-0.50.0' -> '/gnu/store/jrj2iz5fgvvrc7sq7gsy3xam47aw55a4-poppler-0.50.0'...
grafting '/gnu/store/xlb7k5l3l4gq12z4fmg5i59y5hdzn472-cups-filters-1.13.1' -> '/gnu/store/8sipr8rxd4vq4rrlfdawbxf7b0lnnsrk-cups-filters-1.13.1'...
grafting '/gnu/store/zx2liby1bn5q5prpckyn2my9iyz4bfdm-cups-2.2.1' -> '/gnu/store/2px12c4n46p708w2pjbmbrkp2ak8gayq-cups-2.2.1'...
grafting '/gnu/store/2av3y8p894i9i11a5x7wq08jd9mdqmhn-spice-0.12.8' -> '/gnu/store/mjkmk8dhmr3f49lcxc5kwdpr8h0359nf-spice-0.12.8'...
grafting '/gnu/store/00vbbwcvbzk74fg099an1x5ymaa31q06-wayland-1.11.0' -> '/gnu/store/kvzkzcs3lc0ggx77541lkdphfdldg7jk-wayland-1.11.0'...
grafting '/gnu/store/zcw1g59b2q7cymz7yqcsws1kc5in8x9y-mesa-13.0.2' -> '/gnu/store/5pg1r7dgghmga60idh53k2vb1pp2wxsb-mesa-13.0.2'...
grafting '/gnu/store/0imjnbykrcfgn1k0g93frypvm2zgrdxf-libepoxy-1.3.1' -> '/gnu/store/v2l7cryc89na48j75nawap4y7gzjh9mf-libepoxy-1.3.1'...
grafting '/gnu/store/pw5xscbfy99csx95nm0jmp4hjqkav1ac-sdl-1.2.15' -> '/gnu/store/9cxbbimr6qq8vhv4v54finb3h6q6397x-sdl-1.2.15'...
grafting '/gnu/store/v337gfmqp4zzw8psb222j86m9jc87wap-virglrenderer-0.5.0' -> '/gnu/store/rivab9ggl6lq14qd7hiwdjyh12rc6pkl-virglrenderer-0.5.0'...
grafting '/gnu/store/ghid7wddj35p9f30f6g0wfcw3sf2mrl7-qemu-2.8.0' -> '/gnu/store/dn80231bnxacg6n9b7nbl4s1hsjfdz5r-qemu-2.8.0'...
/gnu/store/5p908dbxhy58qkrd972pvqyaxjm6yqx2-system
/gnu/store/0gsyrihzxi8zjx2vvkmhwhx9ypp2hdf0-grub.cfg
/gnu/store/b5sqah8g55sms20r98ladyiamwb0s1hy-grub-2.02beta3

initializing operating system under '/mnt/md0'...
copying '/gnu/store/1k2swlkbpf44d5fzgvrp5znafhw90xh7-grub-image.png'...
In execvp of /usr/local/sbin/guix-register: No such file or directory
guix system: error: failed to register '/gnu/store/1k2swlkbpf44d5fzgvrp5znafhw90xh7-grub-image.png' under '/mnt/md0'

*** Version

root@g1 ~# stat ~/.config/guix/latest | grep File:
  File: '/root/.config/guix/latest' -> '/gnu/store/qygwpblbq1nw6yrphdy68pgjayllcx22-guix-latest'
root@g1 ~# guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 20170114.03

** config: g1.00.scm

;;; g1 system config
(use-modules (gnu))
(use-service-modules networking ssh)
(use-package-modules
 admin
 base                  ; glibc-utf8-locales gnu-make
 disk                  ; parted
 linux                 ; mdadm
 package-management    ; guix
 cups
 qemu
 screen
 ghostscript           ; gs-fonts
 fonts                 ; font-dejavu font-gnu-freefont-ttf
 ssh                   ; openssh
 xorg                  ; xauth
 certs
 rsync
 wget
 version-control       ; git
 aspell
 emacs                 ; flycheck paredit magit emacs-*
 scheme                ; sicp
 gv                    ; for PDF in emacs-no-x-toolkit 
 )

(define md0
  (mapped-device
   (source (list "/dev/sda1" "/dev/sdb1"))
   (target "/dev/md0")
   (type raid-device-mapping)))
(define md1
  (mapped-device
   (source (list "/dev/sda5" "/dev/sdb5"))
   (target "/dev/md1")
   (type raid-device-mapping)))
(define md2
  (mapped-device
   (source (list "/dev/sda6" "/dev/sdb6"))
   (target "/dev/md2")
   (type raid-device-mapping)))

(operating-system
 (host-name "g1")
 (timezone "America/New_York")
 (locale "en_US.utf8")

 (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sdb"))) ;; change to sda after init

 (mapped-devices (list md0 md1 md2))
 (file-systems (cons*
		(file-system
		 (title 'device)
		 (device "/dev/md0")
		 (mount-point "/")		   
		 (dependencies (list md0))
		 (type "ext4")
		 )
		(file-system
		 (title 'device)
		 (device "/dev/md2")
		 (dependencies (list md2))
		 (mount-point "/mnt/bstg")		   
		 (create-mount-point? #t)
		 (type "ext4")
		 )
		%base-file-systems))
 
 ;; Add a kernel module for RAID-1.
 (initrd (lambda (file-systems . rest)
	   (apply base-initrd file-systems
		  #:extra-modules '("raid1")
		  rest)))

 ;; fixme
 ;; (swap-devices ('("/dev/md1" )))

 (users (cons* (user-account
		(name "glc")
		(group "users")
		(supplementary-groups '("wheel" "kvm"))
		(home-directory "/home/glc"))
	       (user-account
		(name "g1")
		(group "users")
		(home-directory "/home/g1"))
	       %base-user-accounts))

 (packages
  (cons*
   glibc-utf8-locales
   gnu-make
   parted
   smartmontools
   mdadm
   guix
   cups
   qemu
   screen
   openssh nss-certs xauth
   rsync wget
   git
   gs-fonts font-dejavu font-gnu-freefont-ttf
   aspell
   emacs-no-x-toolkit ;; avoid crash on X11 disconnect
   emacs-guix
   flycheck paredit magit
   emacs-zenburn-theme emacs-markdown-mode emacs-web-mode emacs-simple-httpd
   sicp           ; SICP Info
   gv          ; for PDF in emacs-no-x-toolkit
   %base-packages))

 (services
  (cons*
   (dhcp-client-service)
   (lsh-service #:port-number 22)
   %base-services	  
   ))
 )