Subject: bug#25443: Unnecessary building of dictionary files

From: handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:33:09 +0900

Hi, sorry for the late response.

In article <[email-masked]>, Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Again, I am making suppositions here. Shall we wait until handa san has
> responded?

> Yes.  Also I will try to contact him.

I've just replied to Phillip as follows:

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Phillip Lord) writes:

> I was wondering if you would be able to comment on the Emacs bug
> tracker.

> In summary, some of the dictionary files (like CTLau.html) appear to be
> no longer distributed from the original location. So, I was wondering
> whether we could remove them and just maintain the lisp generated from
> them instead. This would simplify the build which is a good
> thing.

I agree with that.

> Obviously, this is not worth doing if it makes maintaining leim
> harder.

It does not make leim maintenance harder if Makefile is modified
properly.

---
K. Handa
[email-masked]