Subject: bug#25443: Unnecessary building of dictionary files

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 20:53:23 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > AFAICT, we cannot update CTLau.html from a downstream source any
  > longer. And either way, it has not been updated since 2001, except for a
  > change to formatted in the licence comments.

If this is because no one has wanted to change it, then it is neither
here nor there.

  > I agree with this position, but I see no moral or ethical issue in
  > changing our minds about what the real source code is. I have raised a
  > technical question; I think it only needs a technical answer.

I agree with that formulation of the issue.

If we have changes to make, would we rather make them on CTLau.html,
or on the processed Elisp-format file?

Has anyone talked with Handa-san?
When did we last hear from him?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.