Subject: bug#25442: stacktrace

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 23:36:34 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> I'm not sure how to continue here; I built Emacs from GIT and there the
>> problem is not present.  Looking at the diff from 25.1 until HEAD I do
>> not see any obvious patches, neither does the git log point me to one.
>
> So the question is whether this bug is introduced by our packaging or
> whether it’s an upstream bug.

Yes.

> Perhaps you could build with (warning! this command does not
> authenticate the tarball it downloads):
>
>   guix package -i emacs emacs:debug \
>     --with-source=ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-25.1.91.tar.xz

   guix package -i emacs emacs:debug \
     --with-source=ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-25.1.91.tar.xz

inserted /pretest here

> I’m afraid that’s all I can suggest now.

That's a good suggestion.  I have tried this and the bug is also gone
here, with our packaging.  So apparently it has been fixed upstream.

Thanks!
Greetings,
Jan

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl