Subject: bug#25440: closed (Re: bug#25440: 25.1.90; Incorrect documentation for sql-product-alist in sql.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 08:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#25440: 25.1.90; Incorrect documentation for sql-product-alist in sql.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25440: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25440
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25440: 25.1.90; Incorrect documentation for sql-product-alist in sql.el
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Alex Hutcheson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:41:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Alex Hutcheson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:01:59 -0500
> 
> The documentation for the variable 'sql-product-alist' incorrectly
> describes the appropriate value for the :sqli-comint-func feature.
> The documentation specifies:
> > :sqli-comint-func name of a function which accepts no
> > parameters that will use the values of ...
> 
> However, the function actually needs to have two parameters: 'product'
> and 'options'. See the following two examples in sql.el to confirm:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n159
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n4337
> 
> The doc string for :sqli-comint-func (here:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n554)
> needs to be changed to reflect this.

Thanks, fixed for Emacs 25.2.

Subject: 25.1.90; Incorrect documentation for sql-product-alist in sql.el
From: Alex Hutcheson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:01:59 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The documentation for the variable 'sql-product-alist' incorrectly
describes the appropriate value for the :sqli-comint-func feature.
The documentation specifies:
> :sqli-comint-func      name of a function which accepts no
>                        parameters that will use the values of ...

However, the function actually needs to have two parameters: 'product'
and 'options'. See the following two examples in sql.el to confirm:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n159
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n4337

The doc string for :sqli-comint-func (here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/progmodes/sql.el#n554)
needs to be changed to reflect this.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.90.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars),
modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --build x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/google-emacs:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.90+gg1+2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.1.90+gg1+2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --disable-build-details
 --disable-silent-rules --with-modules GOOGLE_VERSION=25.1.90+gg1+2
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-fuse-ld=gold,--export-dynamic-symbol=__google_auxv'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DGOOGLE_EMACS_DEFINE_AUXV''

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87038 6275)
 (symbols 48 19930 0)
 (miscs 40 49 110)
 (strings 32 15089 4565)
 (string-bytes 1 425094)
 (vectors 16 11827)
 (vector-slots 8 435626 4746)
 (floats 8 168 28)
 (intervals 56 262 0)
 (buffers 976 19)
 (heap 1024 30287 730))