Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#25427: strip-trailing-cr makes -q not be quick

From: Tom Vajzovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:37:34 +0000

Hi,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:38:27 -0800
Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 01/12/2017 06:37 AM, Tom Vajzovic wrote:
> > Are there active developers working on diff that want to look at and
> > fix this?  I am a C programmer so would be happy to do it myself,
> > but I have never contributed to GNU tools so I might not do it the
> > way you would like.  I'd rather not spend time on it if you are
> > likely to reject it and have to re-write it yourselves anyway.  
> 
> That option is low on my priority list so it'd be nice if you could
> fix it. Please use the style the code is already using; you can see
> the GNU Coding Standards for more details. Most likely your change
> would be significant enough that we'd need copyright assignment from
> you and your employer; I can send you details about how to do that,
> privately, if you like.

I'll take this one then.  I'll have time to start looking at it in
about a month from now.

Tom