Subject: bug#25426: closed (Re: bug#25426: [PATCH] 26.1; Revised patch for bug#25426)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:38:03 +0000

Your bug report

#25426: [PATCH] in net-utils.el several DNS query functions now take optional name server argument; also, `dig-program-options' added 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25426: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25426
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25426: [PATCH] 26.1; Revised patch for bug#25426
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Robbins <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 11:37:18 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Andrew Robbins <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 16:27:44 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Ah, good catch.  Here's the final diff if there aren't any other
> modifications that need to be made:

Thanks, installed.

Subject: [PATCH] in net-utils.el several DNS query functions now take optional name server argument; also, `dig-program-options' added
From: Andrew Robbins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:03:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

- In a git-clone'd "lisp/net/net-utils.el" I modified several
interactive DNS-querying functions (nslookup-host,
dns-lookup-host, run-dig) to allow specifying a particular name
server to use where before you couldn't. This is possible
non-interactively as well as interactively with a prefix argument.

- Also, a new variable `dig-program-options' is defined to allow
users to set options for use with `run-dig'. This is in line with
the current `nslookup-program-options' and
`dns-lookup-program-options' and is necessary for the new
definition of `run-dig' to function.

- The `run-dig' function no longer needs the auto-loaded
`ffap-string-at-point' function, removing one dependency on
ffap.el 

For all users, and especially those unaware of the changes, there
should be no discernible difference in functionality when used
exactly as before.

My changelog and diff are attached.