Subject: bug#25416: 25.1.91; python.el output-filter broken w/ IPython 5.1.0

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:37:41 +0100

Checked bug #25306 with python.el, WRT IPython-shell output 
respectiveresult:

In GNU Emacs 25.1.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)

  of 2017-01-02 built on whatever
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.6 (jessie)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
   compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

[6n
[6n
[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn [[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: [8D[8C" 4 
391 (inhibit-line-move-field-capture t field output rear-nonsticky t 
front-sticky (field inhibit-line-move-field-capture) fontified t) 391 
392 (read-only fence inhibit-line-move-field-capture t field output 
rear-nonsticky t front-sticky (field inhibit-line-move-field-capture) 
fontified t) 392 397 (fontified nil)), 480
Custom-no-edit: You can’t edit this part of the Custom buffer
error in process filter: ansi-color-filter-apply: Args out of range: 
"[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn [[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: 
[8D[8C[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn 
[[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: [8D[8C", 215
error in process filter: Args out of range: 
"[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn [[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: 
[8D[8C[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn 
[[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: [8D[8C", 215
Mark set
error in process filter: ansi-color-filter-apply: Args out of range: 
"[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn [[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: 
[8D[8C", 96
error in process filter: Args out of range: 
"[8D[J[0m[6n[0m[0m[J[0;38;5;28mIn [[0;38;5;10;1m1[0;38;5;28m]: 
[8D[8C", 96
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
thingatpt cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit compile tramp-cache
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete format-spec advice
json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv comint ring cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib ansi-color time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 316560 15738)
  (symbols 24 43023 0)
  (miscs 20 145 278)
  (strings 16 65616 7653)
  (string-bytes 1 1241471)
  (vectors 8 40018)
  (vector-slots 4 765806 12648)
  (floats 8 250 157)
  (intervals 28 293 1)
  (buffers 520 23)
  (heap 1024 45865 848))