Subject: Re: bug#25411: 25.1; rmail decryption problems

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 16:33:50 +0100

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I guess it is.  Still, this would be one approach for solving the
> problem.
>
> There are others, too, and I don't have an opinion on which is best.

I'm not an rmail user, so I don't really have much of an opinion here,
either.  I just know from experience that trying to DWIM with
sub-keymaps on minor modes that may or may not be present is ticklish,
so I'd rather not go there.

This is an rmail-specific command, so if rmail altered the epa keymap to
add that command, that'd make it present in other modes, too.  So rmail
would have to look at whether the submap was present, copy it, and alter
the copy.  Alternatively, epa could do it, and with the same
complication.

So I think it'd easier to just avoid the entire problem by letting epa
"own" the `C-c C-e' submap, and have the rmail-specific command on a
keystroke outside that, and I chose `C-c C-d', since that seemed
mnemonic "d for decrypt".

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no