Subject: Re: bug#25408: Remove Decorations Around Emacs Frame (NS port)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 22:27:02 +0100

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 05:58:49PM +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> > It appears that making the child frame invisible ‘disconnects’ it from
> > the parent frame, so the next time it’s made visible it no longer
> > moves with the parent. I guess I’ll have to make sure that when a
> > frame is made visible it’s reconnected with it’s parent. Or find a way
> > to prevent it disconnecting. It seems a really odd thing for it to do.

I’ve pushed a fix for this now.

> > Resizing the child frame with the mouse doesn’t work, is it supposed
> > to?
> 
> Definitely.  Do you see an internal border?  Do you see a changing
> cursor at that border when the mouse is over it?  And can you move the
> frame by dragging its mode or header line?

It turned out that there was no NS version of
mouse-absolute-pixel-position, so I’ve created one and suddenly all of
the above things work. :)

I’m slightly worried that there may be issues if the frame is resized
across a screen edge, as it treats each screen as it’s own ‘space’,
starting at (0, 0) at the top left. This is how the existing
set-mouse-absolute-pixel-position works so it makes sense to me to
keep them the same.

It might make more sense to treat multiple screens as one ‘space’,
though. I’m not sure.

-- 
Alan Third