Subject: Re: bug#25408: Remove Decorations Around Emacs Frame (NS port)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:51:42 +0100

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 01:24:00PM +0200, Anders Lindgren wrote:
> The only issue I've came across was when the bottom edge of a frame was
> close to the bottom of the display (or when maximized). When `undocorated'
> goes from t to nil, the window shrinks. When positioned in the middle of
> the screen, it looks like the frame, for a fraction of a second, increases
> its size before returning to it's original shape. My guess is that, when at
> the bottom of the screen, the frame gets truncated when the frame is
> temporarily increased, and when it tries to return to it's original size,
> it shrinks.

It appears this was being caused by the recreation of the toolbar when
switching from undecorated to decorated. The toolbar was being added
to the window, then made invisible, but I guess not before the new
toolbar animation kicked in.

I’ve swapped the two lines around and it seems much smoother now.

> I made an attempt at adapting/modernizing my "multicolumn" (
> https://github.com/Lindydancer/multicolumn) package (which, among else, can
> resize and reposition a frame). Currently, I have hardcoded the title size
> for various systems -- on macOS I use "24". However, `frame-geometry' says
> that the title height is 22 pixels. I'm not sure how to account for the
> missing 2 pixels, any thoughts?

I’m sure that 22 pixels is correct. I notice that
internal-border-width defaults to two pixels, could that explain it?

I’ve got an updated patch, but I’ll reply to Martin’s email and attach
it there.
-- 
Alan Third