Subject: bug#25408: Remove Decorations Around Emacs Frame (Windows OS)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:13:15 +0200

> Should an undecorated frame be resizable? ie. if you run something
 > like
 >
 >      (set-frame-size nil 20 20)
 >
 > would you expect the frame to resize?

Definitively!  Undecorated frames should behave like normal frames -
just without decorations.

 > Mine currently resizes if the frame was created with decorations and
 > they were removed,

When can you remove the decorations?  Does it flicker when you do that?

 > but not if it was created without them. I suspect
 > creating it without decorations is breaking some NS → Emacs event
 > path.

Why do you think so?  I never looked into the NS event set but I would
expect to receive the usual map, focus-in and visibility notifications.
Nothing that would allow to derive that the window cannot be resized
any more.  Can you add the decorations later, resize the frame and
remove the decorations afterwards?

martin