Subject: bug#25407: ls documentation should reflect file system atime setting

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:02:32 -0600

On 01/10/2017 01:54 PM, Eric Blake wrote:

> But I haven't pushed it, since I'm still getting other unrelated
> syntax-check failures:
> 
> $ make syntax-check
> ...
> gitignore_missing
> /lib/Makefile
> maint.mk: Add above entries to .gitignore
> cfg.mk:781: recipe for target 'sc_gitignore_missing' failed

This looks like a false positive: top-level .gitignore includes
'Makefile', which matches ALL files named Makefile at any depth
throughout the tree, and thus lib/Makefile does not need to be
additionally called out for being ignored.

I'm not sure if this is because I've built incrementally in a tree over
a long period of time, and now gnulib-tool is creating (but not
modifying) .gitignore in a different manner than it used to. I'm trying
a fresh clone to see if it reproduces from a clean environment.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org