Subject: M-p in diff-mode jumps too far

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 16:21:16 -0500

Package: Emacs
Version: 26.0.50

In a buffer with more than one hunk, if I'm in the middle of hunk number
N, diff-hunk-prev (usually bound to M-p) jumps to the header of hunk
number N-1 rather than to the header of hunk N.

This is contrary to the usual behavior of Emacs's navigation commands.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)
 of 2017-01-06 built on ceviche
Repository revision: 074618e4af08e8d818c471f90c6de9b895980e05
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11802000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Recent messages:
~/src/elisp/tuareg-mode/tuareg.el and /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el are the same file
Hunk applied
Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/tuareg/tuareg.el
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [4 times]
Warning: turn-on-eldoc-mode is obsolete!
Warning: hide-sublevels is obsolete!
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [2 times]
Finding changes in /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/textmodes/rst.el...done
Invalid face reference: change-log-date-face [24 times]

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-compact-docstrings-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/svg/svg hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/svg
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-xref hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-stmt hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-prj hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/landmark/landmark hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/landmark
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug whitespace epa-file log-edit message sendmail
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils mailheader ffap vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir all hippie-exp ocamldebug
derived caml tuareg_indent tuareg caml-help caml-types caml-emacs
completion hibtypes hsys-www browse-url klink hib-kbd hib-debbugs
hib-social hsys-org org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs hactypes hmail hargs hypb locate hbut
hact hpath hui-select hvar set hhist hbdata htz cal-julian cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur hversion hload-path rect dabbrev
grep compile smerge-mode add-log log-view pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher map
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree xscheme
warnings unsafep trace testcover shadow scheme re-builder profiler
inf-lisp ielm gmm-utils ert pp find-func ewoc debug elp edebug cl-indent
misearch multi-isearch css-mode smie autorevert filenotify doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs executable copyright files-x
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec html5-schema cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit vc-git
diff-mode filecache rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode subr-x dom nxml-util
nxml-enc xmltok server time-date noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell
ispell checkdoc thingatpt load-dir elec-pair reveal autoinsert
proof-site proof-autoloads cl pg-vars savehist minibuf-eldef disp-table
compact-docstrings kotl-loaddefs advice info realgud-recursive-autoloads
finder-inf url-auth package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib bbdb-autoloads mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 616108 100562)
 (symbols 24 37145 0) (miscs 20 6978 1294) (strings 16 104997 17664)
 (string-bytes 1 2882737)
 (vectors 8 85773) (vector-slots 4 2368868 93788) (floats 8 1285 1070)
 (intervals 28 18695 3557)
 (buffers 520 64))