Subject: bug#25380: 25.1; save-window-excursion problem in batch mode

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 00:05:16 +0100

Apparently, restoring a window configuration doesn't result in the same
window configuration in batch mode:

$ emacs -Q -batch -eval '(print (equal (save-window-excursion (current-window-configuration)) (current-window-configuration)))'

nil

This is unexpected, especially in unit tests that want to check window
comparisons.  In interactive mode, this works (i.e. (equal
(save-window-excursion (current-window-configuration))
(current-window-configuration)) is t).

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G1004))
 of 2016-09-22 built on p
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.1 --without-x --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-rsvg --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 196126 8185)
 (symbols 48 19634 0)
 (miscs 40 50 169)
 (strings 32 15015 5817)
 (string-bytes 1 435313)
 (vectors 16 32909)
 (vector-slots 8 654000 5657)
 (floats 8 158 18)
 (intervals 56 210 0)
 (buffers 976 18))