Subject: Re: bug#25374: 25.1.91; bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 10:02:11 +0200

> From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 00:51:56 +0800 (5 years, 18 weeks, 6 days ago)
> 
> From: Le Wang <[email-masked]>
> 
> It doesn't look right to me that auto region selection is not
> accessible interactively.  The interactive "r" form is quite broken,
> so you may want to fix it in other interactive forms as well.  Unless
> there is a good reason you left it this way?

Sorry, I don't think I understand this part.  Please elaborate what is
broken in the interactive "r" form.

> -  (interactive "r")
> +  (interactive (if (use-region-p)
> +                   (list (region-beginning) (region-end))
> +                 (list nil nil)))

This is not an equivalent change: the previous code would use the
region even if it was not active (i.e. transient-mark-mode is off),
the new code will think there's no region in that case.