Subject: bug#25372: 26.0.50; Cannot rebuild Emacs

From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 15:46:54 +0900

X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]

emacs -Q:
M-& make extraclean RET
cd . && /bin/bash /home/calancha/soft/emacs-master/build-aux/missing automake-1.15 --gnu -a -c lib/Makefile
automake-1.15: error: cannot open < lib/../nt/gnulib.mk: No such file or directory
Makefile:456: recipe for target 'lib/Makefile.in' failed
make: *** [lib/Makefile.in] Error 1

A git bisect point out to commit: 10444dcf77711bf3360f865fcb0d446a83e1bfb5

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.3 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.5)
 of 2017-01-06 built on calancha-pc
Repository revision: 8f0376309ee37e4f1da21d78971c4df2df5fd7b6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11900000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
make extraclean: exited abnormally with code 2.

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 104621 5000)
 (symbols 48 20609 1)
 (miscs 40 61 130)
 (strings 32 19771 4626)
 (string-bytes 1 628143)
 (vectors 16 15303)
 (vector-slots 8 474886 4892)
 (floats 8 188 49)
 (intervals 56 473 0)
 (buffers 976 13))