Subject: bug#25360: File mode specification errors during building

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 22:05:36 +0000

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Phillip Lord wrote:
>
>> I've pushed to master. We can close this if the next hydra build works
>> as expected.
>
> There's nothing special about hydra builds. I quote them only because
> they provide a convenient way to show a full, clean build log.
>
> The image-type-auto-detected-p issue persists, eg
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/46502443/log/raw
>
> Note this is a without-x build (image-type-auto-detected-p used to be
> autoloaded in all builds).

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this on my own machine. Exactly how is
the hydra build configured? I've tried --without-x, as a guess, but I
get no error.

Possible solutions:

 1) Ignore it
 2) Move the leim-list dependency from "emacs" to "all". The leim files
    will now get built by emacs not bootstrap-emacs.
 3) Suppress the error in some other way, probably by sticking
    "input-type-auto-detected-p" into ldefs-boot-manual.el

I quite like 2, but it will break two autoloads
(hangul-input-method-activate and ucs-input-activate). I do not know why
these two methods need autoloading while none of the other files in the
leim directory have autoloads.

I'm struggling with 3) because I can't reproduce.

Phil