Subject: Re: bug#25360: File mode specification errors during building

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 23:26:58 +0000

On Mon 06 Mar 2017, Phillip Lord wrote:

> Andy Moreton <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> (autoload 'w32-convert-standard-filename "w32-fns.el" nil nil nil)
>>>> 
>>>> into ldefs-boot-auto.el. generate-ldefs-boot adds this for me anyway. If
>>>> it works for you, I can add this to master quicker than I can revert.
>>>
>>> Why would that change anything?  ldefs-boot-manual.el already includes
>>> that line, so ldefs-boot-auto.el doesn't have to, right?
>>
>> Adding this to does not remove the build failures, so Eli is correct.
>>
>> What is needed is to revert the changes that caused this regression in
>> the build machinery.
>
>
> That is on the branch that I emailed earlier. Will be happy to hear if
> it solves the issue.

I've tried building from a clean tree at commit be85e271 for 64bit
Windows (msys2). Bootstraps ok, and making trivial changes to C and lisp
files seems to also produce working builds thereafter.

    AndyM