Subject: bug#25360: File mode specification errors during building

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 17:20:52 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
> Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:55:54 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> 
> I've added changes to master which means that ldefs-boot-auto can be
> regenerated without a bootstrap build. If the build breaks again, it can
> be refixed rapidly now. I'll leave this for a while. If it breaks often,
> I'll revert, but only time can tell.

I see multiple error messages about w32-convert-standard-filename
during a normal build:

  Loading d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp/leim/leim-list.el (source)...
  Finding pointers to doc strings...
  Finding pointers to doc strings...done
  Dumping under the name emacs
  Dump memory usage: Heap: 9953280  Large blocks(0/1): 0/786448
  Dumping from d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/src/temacs.exe
	    to d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/src/emacs.exe
  49515 pure bytes used
  mv -f emacs.exe bootstrap-emacs.exe
  make -C ../lisp compile-first EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe"
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
    GEN      mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename
  Directories for loaddefs: . ./calc ./calendar ./cedet ./cedet/ede ./cedet/semantic ./cedet/semantic/analyze ./cedet/semantic/bovine ./cedet/semantic/decorate ./cedet/semantic/symref ./cedet/semantic/wisent ./cedet/srecode ./emacs-lisp ./emulation ./erc ./eshell ./gnus ./image ./international ./language ./leim ./leim/ja-dic ./leim/quail ./mail ./mh-e ./net ./nxml ./org ./play ./progmodes ./textmodes ./url ./vc
    GEN      loaddefs.el
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
  make -C ../lisp autoloads EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe"
  make -C ../admin/unidata all EMACS="../../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe"
  make -C ../leim leim-list.el EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe"
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/admin/unidata'
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/leim'
  make[2]: Nothing to be done for `leim-list.el'.
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/leim'
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/admin/unidata'
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
    ELC      ../lisp/files.elc
    GEN      mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el
  make[2]: Entering directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
    ELC      ../lisp/international/mule.elc
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp'
  Directories for loaddefs: . ./calc ./calendar ./cedet ./cedet/ede ./cedet/semantic ./cedet/semantic/analyze ./cedet/semantic/bovine ./cedet/semantic/decorate ./cedet/semantic/symref ./cedet/semantic/wisent ./cedet/srecode ./emacs-lisp ./emulation ./erc ./eshell ./gnus ./image ./international ./language ./leim ./leim/ja-dic ./leim/quail ./mail ./mh-e ./net ./nxml ./org ./play ./progmodes ./textmodes ./url ./vc
    GEN      loaddefs.el
  Symbol's function definition is void: w32-convert-standard-filename