Subject: Re: bug#25360: File mode specification errors during building

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:13:32 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:21:12 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I do not quite understand why this is not working -- loaddefs.el has
> been generated at this point. I still do not fully understand what is
> happening during the dumping process, though, so I guess bootstrap-emacs
> is different now than before.

Can you describe what you did understand from looking into this issue?
E.g., which code emits the error and why?

> Before I investigate further, two simple solutions leap to mind. One is
> just to suppress the errors probably in "titdic-cnv.el".
> 
> The other would be just to stop generating CTLau.el and
> tstang-b5.el. Neither of the files from which they are generated have
> been materially changed in since 2001, and CTLau.html apparently does
> not exist any more in its source location. Deleting them, and adding
> CTLau.el as source would solve the problem and remove a step from the
> build.
> 
> Thoughts?

I think we should try to understand the problem before we consider
solutions.  In particular, the same problem could be at work in other
places, just without such a spectacular indications.

Thanks.