Subject: Re: bug#25360: File mode specification errors during building

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:12:26 -0500

[email-masked] (Phillip Lord) writes:
>>
>> Sentences should end in double space, and summary should before
>> ChangeLog entry.
>
> The summary before the changelog, I am a bit less sure on. I see both
> forms in use.

Well, CONTRIBUTE says this:

    - Explaining the rationale for a design choice is best done in
      comments in the source code.  However, sometimes it is useful to
      describe just the rationale for a change; that can be done in the
      commit message between the summary line and the file entries.

>
> Did you have chance to check this on a bootstrap build? Would be good to
> know I am not the only one.

I did have a successful bootstrap with your previous
fix/bootstrap-build-minimize branch on Arch GNU/Linux,
--with-x-toolkit=lucid.  Haven't built the new branch yet, though it
seems to have the same diffs.