Subject: bug#25356: livestreamer no longer supported

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 01:17:09 +0300

Hello,

[email-masked] writes:

> I just wanted to point out that livestreamer seems to be entirely dead and the
> project has been forked. As of this bugreport, the last change was Febuary 2nd,
> 2016, and while this isn't exactly a long time, considering it no longer works
> properly with Twitch.tv (one of, if not the, largest streaming site atm afaik),
> gives the impression that it is a dead project.
>
> The fork is named streamlink and is located at https://streamlink.github.io/ and
> seems to work well.
>
> I'm not sure who is maintaining the livestreamer package, so I'm simply filing
> this as a bug here and hope everything is forwarded nicely.

I got here from
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00660.html>.

The streamlink package is available now from
f48feaa2848d999e100f27301680a01dc3bd7733

Should we still hold livestreamer?

Oleg.