Subject: Re: NS: clipboard-kill-ring-save and clipboard-yank etc. not available

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 23:40:19 +0200

> A number of functions such as `clipboard-kill-ring-save' are not
> available in the NS port because term/ns-win.el unbinds them.
> It took me a long time to figure out, because they are pre-loaded in
> menu-bar.el and present in `load-history'.

To to you the truth I'm not sure ATM why these are unbound.  You  
could try commenting those lines out and seeing if anything bad happens.

> Note that commands like `ns-copy-including-secondary' are bound to
> menu bar items and to shortcuts such as Command-C (when CUA mode is
> off), but they are not documented.  I would happily write some
> docstrings, but it isn't clear to me why one would always want to set
> the secondary "cut buffer" in this situation.

These are mainly for running under GNUstep in X windows, where the  
semantics of the two selection buffers have been confused for a long  
time, so it made sense just to throw things into both.  These  
commands are bound to keys and I believe discussed in the manual.  If  
you think they could be documented better, or should be enabled only  
under GNUstep, please go ahead with such changes.